Friday, February 3, 2017

#TreeOfLife

This is kind of an in between post and doesn't really have anything to do with weight loss.  I'm excited because I finally sat down and figured out how to create the Picsart #treeoflife photo and I wanted to share mine!  I think it became a big thing because it was meant to make people aware of breastfeeding.  I myself didn't have a long breastfeeding journey.  From the beginning, I struggled with Hadley to get her to latch and eventually ended up exclusively pumping for her for four months before my supply diminished.

I struggled for the first month to nurse Hadley before I had to go back to work and we switched to bottles.  Once she started taking a bottle we didn't nurse as often and I eventually just started pumping.  Because of this, I have two or three photos in total of me nursing her.  I'm thankful that I have those because it's empowering to look back at them and know that I tried to do that for her.  Amidst the struggle, we did have some incredible successes.  It's awesome knowing that I provided her with the nutrients she needed and I gave her the best start in life that I could.  I wanted to do something to commemorate so I created the following photos from Picsart.  I couldn't decide which I liked better so I posted both.


No comments:

Post a Comment