Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Almost Christmas

I can't believe that it's almost Christmas!  Where has the year gone??  The first six months of the year seemed to drag, probably because we were waiting on Hadley.  I swear each day seemed to just drag by.  Then she got here and I can't get time to slow down and now here we are.  Hadley will be 6 months old in 4 days, there's only 12 days left until Christmas, and only 18 days until the New Year.

This year, the holidays have been amazing.  Tim and I hosted our first Thanksgiving for our family this year.  Tim did almost all of the cooking and his turkey turned out amazing.  Everyone ate so much food that nobody had room for desert.  It took us five days to get rid of all the pies and breads.  I'm slightly ashamed to say that Tim and I finished off all the deserts by ourselves, haha.  We started getting into Christmas the day after Thanksgiving.  My boss is a HUGE Christmas guy so he plays non-stop Christmas music everyday, all day, and has since before Thanksgiving.  It really got me into the Christmas spirit this year though and I haven't really had that for a long time.  We're having our family over for Christmas day and we're going to celebrate with some holiday ham and all the trimmings.  I'm really excited for it.  We also got a real tree this year instead of our traditional fake ones.  I can't believe how beautiful it turned out.  Hadley spent days just staring at the lights.  

My weight loss has been pretty steady.  I was losing weight pretty rapidly and I got down to 279 before I plateaued.  And by that I mean stopped.  Nothing happened for weeks.  I tried everything I could think of to lose weight and nothing happened.  Then my milk supply started to dry up and I had to start supplementing with formula for Hadley because I wasn't producing enough.  Once again, I tried everything I could think of to increase my supply and NOTHING worked.  I hadn't been dieting at all because I was breastfeeding so I knew that it couldn't be because I wasn't eating enough.  I couldn't figure out what it was.  Then I started to get queasy throughout the day.  Tim started to joke that I could be pregnant so it prompted me to take an at home pregnancy test.  Turns out that was exactly what was wrong.  Apparently pregnancy can decrease your milk supply.  Who knew, ha.  

We just announced it to our family a couple weeks ago.  We decided to wait until we found out the gender so we could surprise everyone with both news at once.  



My doula, Melissa, took the pictures for us and we couldn't be happier with how they turned out.  It was so cold outside that it was only about a 20 minute mini shoot but we did get some good family shots too.


Hadley the thumb sucker!

I love how chunky she looks in this picture!

It turns out that Hadley's baby sister is due a few weeks before Hadley turns one so they'll be 11 months apart.  Whoops!  Haha.  I will admit that I was very shocked when we first found out.  I mean, this was definitely not planned at all.  In fact, we were trying for this NOT to happen.  Kind of ironic considering we never thought I would ever get pregnant.  Look at me now!  We're pretty excited though and I'm so glad that Hadley is going to have a sister so close in age.  

This pregnancy has been a lot rougher than the first go round, however.  I've been so sick and so lacking in energy.  However, my blood sugars have been great and my weight is consistently at a 285.  I'm hoping to lose more now that I'm in the second trimester and I can eat a little more.  I pretty much lived on crackers and Ramen my first trimester because I couldn't keep anything else down.  This pregnancy also seems to be flying by which makes sense since we have a 5, almost 6, month old in the house.  She sure keeps us busy and life interesting.  It's going to be so weird trying to juggle two of them.      

2 comments:

  1. What?!!! Congratulations!!!! You are going to have so much fun! I'm sure it will be hard at times, but your girls will be like twins! I think the best gift you can give a child is a sibling, and what little girl wouldn't love a sister? What fun. I hope you get to feeling better, I remember the days of living on crackers. Toast. Cheerios. You have a nice Christmas!!! (Hadley is SO pretty!)

    Della

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Della! We were really hoping for a boy this time around but when we found out it was a girl I was actually pretty excited to give Hadley a sister. I got even more excited when I started going through clothes and realized I already have all the clothes I'll need for the new baby, haha. It's the little things I guess. =D

      Delete