Monday, August 8, 2016

Weekend Recap

We had such a busy weekend and it went by entirely too fast.  Friday night we left the baby at home (with my mom) and went with some friends and saw the new movie Suicide Squad.  It wasn't bad but if I had to do it over I don't know that I would pay to watch it again in the theaters.  With all the hype about this movie I was really expecting it to be better written.  I felt like it jumped around a lot and the movie was more about introducing the characters than an actual plot line.  I was a little disappointed.

Saturday we went to my old work's summer picnic with some friends that still work there.  It was fun to see some of my old co-workers and show off the baby.  I left that job right before I found out I was pregnant, literally.  My last day was on a Friday and I found out I was pregnant the Monday after.  Now, almost a year later, I got to show off my daughter.  It was so hot out though that we pretty much stuck to the shady areas so that Hadley didn't get to hot.      

Saturday, we got up early and took the baby and the dogs for a long walk at our favorite greenbelt.  We ended up walking 3.28 miles, the longest we've walked to date.  Tim had the brilliant idea to incorporate some extra workouts in with our walk so we added in some lunges, squats, jump rope, intermittent jogging, and I did some step ups and Tim did some jump ups.  By the time we were done even the dogs were exhausted.







My legs are so sore today it's unreal.  I haven't been this sore in a long time.  It's crazy because I've really missed having the aching muscles after a good workout.  I didn't even realize how much I enjoyed being active until we started exercising again.  It's satisfying in a way that eating isn't.  I really like the fact that Tim is on board 110%.  In fact, he usually pushes me when I'm faltering.  This is the kind of stuff we were doing together when we were dating and somewhere/somehow we lost that part of ourselves.  It feels gratifying to be getting that back.

Anyway, I want to keep this momentum going so my plan is to get a workout in at least 3 times this week, not including the weekend.  The weekends we do a longer, separate workout.  Plus we have all day to get it in, unlike during the week when we have to push ourselves to get it done.  On Friday I'll post my workouts and we'll see if I accomplished my goal.    

2 comments:

  1. Awesome job! It's fun to read both your blogs and see you working together. Hadley is too adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think she's pretty cute too but I could be a tad biased, haha. I'm pretty excited that Tim decided to start blogging. It's interesting getting his perspective on this process.

      Delete