Tuesday, July 19, 2016

One Month


It's hard to believe that my baby is already a month old!  Time goes so fast and she's already changed so much in the short four weeks that we've had her.  Every day brings something new, be it a new sound she makes or her starting to focus on moving things around her.  I swear she's already trying to laugh at us.  For the most part, she's such a happy baby.  Although she does take her food seriously.  If we don't feed her exactly when she wants to eat she makes sure to let us know about it.  She doesn't like interruptions to switch sides or to burp halfway through a bottle.

It's so weird how our lives completely revolve around her and whatever she needs at the moment.  We just try to fit the rest of the daily stuff in around her, and sometimes it doesn't happen at all.  You need to poop mom?  Oh sorry, I'm gonna scream the entire time until you come and pick me up.  Shower?  Don't even think about it.  I went back to work this week and I'm actually pretty grateful my dad is my boss.  I've yet to get to work on time.  I have to alot myself a few hours time frame to get myself and the baby ready to go to work (she goes with me).  Gone are the days of getting up and just going.  I still wouldn't trade it for the world.  We'll get on a schedule and eventually we'll figure it out.

The hardest part so far has been our eating.  I'm sad to say that our eating habits have turned to shit.  We need to make a better effort to meal plan and cook at home.  We were so tired the first few weeks, and I didn't feel like even leaving the house, that we usually just ordered takeout.  Not a great way to start off and I've been kicking myself in the behind ever since.  Both Tim and I are dedicated to healthier lifestyle - even if only for her.  We committed and did it my entire pregnancy so I know we can do it now.  It's just so easy to get takeout when you're tired.  Anyway, it's something that's really been weighing on my mind - especially since I'm breastfeeding.  It's so important to me to eat healthy so Hadley has the best chance at being healthy herself.  I don't want her to be predisposed to obesity or diabetes because I can't get myself under control.

We still haven't had time to actually make it to the grocery store for an actual shopping trip but we did stop eating out.  Usually one or the other of us runs to the store to buy a couple meals at a time.  Now that I'm back at work I have to start planning for lunches there as well.  The eating habits at my work are atrocious because everyone eats out all the freaking time or the owner caters in food.  It's going to be hard to resist that temptation.  Luckily, Hadley is there as a reminder of what I need to be doing.  Hopefully I can get back on track, sooner rather than later.    

No comments:

Post a Comment