Monday, May 9, 2016

34 Weeks & Counting

These last few weeks have just dragged by, or so it seems.  But here we are with only 6 weeks left until my due date.  These days if I think about that too long I get super emotional when I think about her being here.  However, thinking about her does keep me from worrying about labor and delivery.

Speaking of, we did have to go into labor and delivery a couple times these last couple weeks.  Her movements slowed down and we got a little worried so we had to go get monitored for 30 minutes.  Turns out she's just a stink and completely healthy.  As soon as the monitor was put on she started kicking it, HARD.  She was making my whole belly roll with her movements.  I'll admit it was a welcome relief after not feeling her for a few hours.  Tim and I are so close to having her here that we may have panicked a little bit.  Well, I did most of the panicking while he stayed pretty calm.  I thank God on a regular basis for Tim.  He's been my rock this entire pregnancy.

This pregnancy so far has been amazing.  The first trimester I was really tired all the time and had some slight morning sickness, second trimester was an absolute breeze, and the third trimester has been fun and relatively painless.  I have some discomfort just because she uses my bladder as a pillow but other than that I haven't had any complaints.  In fact, most people have been asking me if I'm ready to be done being pregnant.  The answer is yes, but not because I'm uncomfortable - I just want to hold her already.

I think this trimester has been the most fun just because we've been getting things prepared for her arrival.  We had the baby shower - which was absolutely amazing and way exceeding any expectations I had.  We were able to complete the baby's room and it turned out so cute - the picture doesn't do it justice.  We still need a couple of shelves and I want a rocker to go in the empty corner.  But overall, it's pretty much done.  Other than small items I think we're pretty much done shopping for the baby altogether.  She's already got a TON of clothes to last her the whole first year of her life.

Now it's just a matter of getting the last little bit of things together and then just waiting.  I've started to read labor and delivery books and my doula and midwife are trying to get me as prepared for labor as possible.  We did our hospital walk through and decided on our birth plan.  Tim wants to start getting the bags packed for the hospital for both the baby and us.  We're going to get the car seat ready in the car in the next couple weeks - just in case she decides to come early.  Other than that we are as done as we can be.

4 comments:

  1. I love it! And the name, too!!! It just warms my heart, the happiness of expecting the first baby. I hope these weeks continue to be endurable for you, and then that time slows down so you can enjoy those newborn days!! And I'm sure you are getting all kinds of advice for labor and delivery, but here's my two cents anyway: in my experience, the labors I had on my own without being induced were so much more manageable. Pitocin is rough, and then there's the pain meds that go with it, which can slow things down, and then the possibility for a c-section gets stronger. I had a few with no pain medicine, and I'm not saying it was a picnic, but the body triggers these endorphins on it's own, and it wasn't horrible. Maybe I'm crazy, but childbirth is an amazing thing, and I hate to see anyone worry about it, because it is so miraculous. The body knows what to do. In any case, however your labor goes, it is a finite thing, it will pass, and it will bring your little daughter...I'm excited for you!

    Della

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My doula and my midwife keep telling me the same thing: that my body will know what to do. I'm very lucky to have them both by my side through this. Having my amazing guy there with me will certainly help too - he's my rock when it comes to the hard stuff. I really don't worry too much - I just have a little bit of anxiety about it. I'm sure everything will go well though.

      Delete
  2. I Wanted To Have A Natural Pain Free childbirth With My First BUT panicked. The difference with my second one is I knew I could do it and I was empowered and excited to accomplish a natural birth. That mentality changed everything. Best birth experience! Just remember, pain is temporary :) it will too pass

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm trying really hard to focus on the fact that after the pain I'll get to hold my baby. I remind myself of that everyday, lol. I thinking having my doula and my husband there will really help keep calm and focused. They both now how much I want a non-medicated birth.

      Delete