Monday, July 13, 2015

10 Day Update

13 pounds down so far!  Sqeeeeee!!!  I forgot how nice it feels to be losing weight and how much excitement it brings to step on the scale and see another pound lost.  It gives me all kinds of motivation to see my weight dropping!

The meal planning and prepping has been a huge success and, again, I’m not sure why I haven’t done this before.  Tim and I spend Sundays, because that’s our only day off together, doing our grocery shopping and prepping.  We usually try and prep at least until Wednesday because he has that day off to finish up the rest of the week.  Our meals are pretty simple so it’s usually not too bad to prep it all out – the worst part is finding room in the fridge.  The only meal we don’t prep is breakfast – just because it’s usually half a cup of yogurt and a banana, oatmeal, or 2 eggs and a piece of dry, whole grain toast.  Meal prepping in advance has afforded us our evenings to do whatever we want because we don’t have to spend time cooking, or in our case, waiting in a restaurant because we are too tired to cook.  It’s been SOOO NICE coming home and not worrying about cooking anything.  It’s also allowed us to eat much earlier.  We were eating around 9-9:30 which was so late that even eating a healthy meal wasn’t doing anything for us.  Now we take lunch and dinner to work and we eat no later than six.  It’s been working out so much better for us.  If you’re not already meal prepping – give it a try!  It is so worth it.
We’ve also been getting up at five and heading to the gym in the morning.  I’ll be the first to admit that some days, it just didn’t happen.  It’s been an adjustment trying to get up that early when my body is normally used to getting up at 8am (at the earliest).  The secondary struggle is that when we do make it, I’m wearing out pretty quickly.  Tim is all excited to weight lift because he wants to bulk up but he’s also in much better shape than I am.  I’m going to have to go much slower which is, honestly, quite frustrating.  I’ve backpedaled quite a bit compared to where I was when I was working out with the trainers.  I know I can get there again – I just have to start from the beginning.

I wish I could say that I’ve had no sugar cravings and that so far resisting the cravings has been a breeze.  The truth is that some days it’s royally sucked.  I’ve cried and raged at the fact that I just can’t eat whatever I want to.  It’s been really hard and I’ve honestly stuck pretty close to home because it’s too tempting to drive down the street.  Here’s a fun fact:  Women with PCOS have a harder time with cravings because this disease makes you want sweets more than a woman without PCOS.  Add the fact that our hormones are all out of whack and it just makes the whole situation better.  I know it can be done, because I’ve done it before, but it just takes some time to adjust again.  Tim has been my rudder and when I find myself faltering – he’s right there to steer me out of it.  My family and friends also know what my weaknesses are and are super willing to help me out.  They don’t put me in tempting situations and help me to stay strong when I am in crazy situations.  For instance, in a particularly weak moment, I bought some cookies out of the vending machine at work.  I told my co-worker about it before I ate the cookies and she got rid of them for me. 
I’m still down 13 pounds and I’m going strong even though sometimes my cravings have gotten the better of me.  I’m human and that means I’m not perfect.  But I can tell you that each day gets better and a little bit easier.  I still struggle sometimes but I’m slowly finding the balance and pretty soon it’ll be second nature.

1 comment:

  1. Keep up the good work!! I know it's hard but I know that you can do it!!!

    ReplyDelete