Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Spring Is In The Air!



I can’t believe that we are already four months into this year!  The weather here has been so beautiful lately that I’ve been trying to get outside as much as possible.  My current exercise is alternating between walking and riding my bike.  The bike has been killing helping me build up my strength - by that I mean I can hardly walk because my legs hurt so badly.  Still, I haven’t been able to be outside as much as I like.  That’s the downside of working in an office all day.  I am lucky enough that I get to sit by a window at work so I’ve got all the natural sunlight I could want instead of that nasty fluorescent lighting.  It's been so nice here lately that I was positive that summer was on the way.  Then today I was reminded that, no, it is in fact still March.  

I am getting more and more excited about the longer days of summer.  I don't know what it is but I seem to get more accomplished during the day when it stays light out so long.   Also, I seem to be much better at sticking to my goals during the summer than I do in the colder season.  For some reason my energy level and my drive just aren’t as high during the winter.

Tim and I still have our gym membership and we’ve been going on occasion but we’ve forgone the inside of the gym for our activities outside.  I really want to enjoy it as much as possible before it gets super hot outside and I'm forced to go inside to do my workouts.  We've actually made a pretty good effort to keep ourselves active even without going to the gym everyday.

My blood sugars are still pretty high even with the new medication that my doc has me on.  For now he wants me to go on a low carbohydrate diet.  To be honest, I've been having a lot of problems with my stomach lately too.  Ever since I had my gallbladder removed, I seem to have developed an intolerance for dairy and fat.  I'm not sure exactly which foods are causing me the problems so for the next 30 days I will not be eating dairy or fat of any kind.  Then I'll slowly start reintroducing them back into my diet.  My goal here is two fold.  First, I'll be able to wean myself off of all the bad fats and second - I'll be able to determine which foods I can and can't eat.  So for the next thirty days I will not be eating dairy, carbohydrates, or fat of any kind.  Basically I'll be munching on celery all day every day.

All kidding aside, it's not going to be that drastic.  My body has changed, however, and now I have to figure out what foods I can put into my body.  It really couldn't happen at a better time because I've really wanted to go super clean with my eating.  I'm excited to see where I'm at come the end of April.  For now, I'm just going to take it a day at a time.   

3 comments:

  1. AMEN to the one day at a time.
    here too.
    in all things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you read Mark's Daily Apple? He has excellent diet advice. I'm glad someone's having nice weather! We still have snow in our yard! I am always glad to see you post, wishing you well!

    Della

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Della! I have not heard of that but I will be sure to look into it. I'm always ready to listen to advice from someone that knows more than I do.

      Delete