Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Weekend Follow Up

I know it's a way past the weekend but my weekend went a little longer than anticipated.  Saturday was Boise Music Festival which was an absolute blast!  I've never been to a concert before, I know-shocker, but this was an absolute blast.  I went with my bestie and we walked around the fair grounds for nine hours watching all the bands.  I think there are four or five stages and they all have bands playing live.  We got to watch sir-mix-a-lot, sky blue, and Train!  It was so much fun!  I got some great sun and won a ton of free stuff including, water bottles, free dinner, free haircuts, and movie tickets.  The weather was absolutely beautiful-a perfect 79 degrees outside.  It wasn't overbearingly hot but it wasn't cold either.  It was a beautiful day and one well spent.

My cousin also came into town Saturday from Utah.  I haven't seen him a while and we're pretty close so I was super excited to visit with him.  I met up with him after we left the festival Saturday night and then spent the rest of the weekend with him and his awesome girlfriend until they left on Monday evening.  Originally we had plans to go fishing but that didn't work out so instead we just spent time catching up.  It wasn't a super busy weekend but it was so nice to be able to spend some time with him and his girlfriend.  I was bummed to see them go.

Today is the first day in a brand new month and there's lots of exciting things going on.  My sister and her family are coming into town and I get to meet her newest baby boy and spend some quality time with my other nephews and my niece.  It's been way to long since I've seen them.  I also start my new job later this month and I am so ready to start making money again.  I am so done with being broke!  It's also the month that I'm going to be taking back my health.  I've been toying with the idea of doing HCG again but I haven't decided for sure.  I know there's a LOT of controversy over it but it was something that really worked for me in the past.  It gave me the motivation and the kick start I needed and that's something that's been lacking in my life lately.  I haven't decided one way or the other what I'm going to do but I am going to eat clean and watch my calories, regardless.  We'll see how it goes from there I suppose. 

What plans do you have for July?

2 comments:

  1. We are leaving for the smokey mountains tomorrow to stay at a friend's cabin...I LOVE visiting these friends..they are musicians and they have two shows lined up...so much fun and so relaxing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Music is so wonderful and really brings out the life in someone it seems. I know that I was also really relaxed and stress free when I left the concert. I was literally almost on a high after dancing and singing along with the band. Truly a blast!

      Delete