Monday, July 21, 2014

On The Job Again!

Today was my first day at my brand new job.  After seven months of barely working, I'm thrilled to be a productive member of society once again!  The only down side, I have to wait three weeks until I get a pay check.  I'm not complaining though cause once I do get paid, it will be a full check. 

Here's some crazy fun facts for you.  Today is my father's birthday and he would have been 53 years old.  I get paid on August 8th which is the same day my father died 8 years ago.  I don't know if you believe in signs but that's a big fat one to me that he's watching out.  I'm going to do everything I can to make sure I keep this job and excel at it. 

I haven't really been exercising too much lately but it's mostly because I've been really busy.  I helped my grandmother organize her kitchen, which took a couple days, and then I've been working on organizing my own house.  My mom is even consolidating her storage units, she currently has three for whatever reason, and so I'm helping her go through all the stuff she's accumulated over the years.  Tim's cousin is also moving out of our house so I boxed up her things for her and now we are just waiting for her to come and get them.  I've been doing a lot of cleaning around here as well.  I don't know what it is about this house but it gets SO dusty SO fast.  I could literally dust four times a day and you probably wouldn't even notice that I had dusted. 

I'm in the process of making out a menu plan, which is way harder than I thought it would be, for August so when the first comes around I'll know exactly how much I need to budget and exactly what I'm going to be making.  I'm actually pretty excited about this because I've designated August as my 30 days of clean eating.  I'm really going to push myself to reach this goal so I've been trying to find alternatives for those sugary sweets and pastries I crave.  Any ideas would be most welcome!

I'm hoping I'll have a copy of my menu plan up by the first either posted here on my social media.  Definitely feel free to follow me on Instagram-I'm just getting the hang of it.  You can also post your menu ideas for me too, that way I have some extra ideas for next month.

When making your menu plans do you plan a month in advance or a week at a time?

No comments:

Post a Comment