It's true what they say, your attitude is what you choose to make it. I've chosen to be depressed and sad for the last couple of weeks. Well no more! I'm changing my attitude right now and I'm going to start being positive. To kick start that I've decided to pick some things that I'm thankful for. I encourage you to do the same if life is getting you down.
- I'm not in this alone. First and foremost, I have an awesome God that has a plan for me and never lets me down. I've also been extremely blessed with wonderful parents who have helped me more than words can say. I have my best friend, who is my partner in crime, Timothy. Without him I would surely be lost. He's stuck by my side and taken care of me when I couldn't take care of myself. Some days he is literally my sanity. Lastly, I've got Timmy's family who have stepped up and helped as much as they can. I love them all and am truly blessed to have them in my life.
- I have a job to look forward to. I start my new job next Monday making more money than I've ever made before and I'm so excited for this opportunity! It's going to be a huge weight off my shoulders!
- I have a home to live in. Tim's parents have been kind enough to let us live in one of their properties rent free. This alone is a HUGE weight off my shoulders because without them I'd probably be homeless. We have a giant yard for our dogs and enough room for all of my
- Speaking of doggies, I couldn't forget my Bert and Sadie. It's literally impossible to be sad around those two. They're six months old now and I swear they know my moods. If I'm sad and bumming around the house, they follow me around and are constantly affectionate. They bring a smile to my face with their antics-and also sometimes make me want to
kill murder beatdiscipline them.
- I have a running car. There is nothing worse than not having a car to get you around. Luckily my car runs and has A/C! Let me tell you, commuting to a job that is in another city 30 minutes away, in 100 degree weather, makes having a car with A/C super amazing.
- I have food to eat. I'm blessed to have things available to me like food stamps and food banks to supply me with enough food to eat until I have an income. I'm ashamed to say that I used to look down on people who had food stamps. I've seen too many people abuse them and I'm sad to say that because of that I judged everyone on food stamps to be in that category. I am so thankful for the opportunity that's been given to me to qualify for food stamps and to go to food pantries. I would starve to death without those things available to me. I know that those things are available for a reason and there are people out there that desperately need them. Thank God these services are there for me when I needed it.
- I'm thankful for each and every time I fail. This one took me a long time to appreciate. I hate failing at anything. Then I realized that I am who I am because I've failed. I've failed a lot! But I've also kept trying and I've gotten better. I've learned from each experience and usually walk away from my failures as a better person. At the very least I walk away knowing what NOT to do.
So tell me, what are you thankful for?