Friday, July 18, 2014

Done With Dieting!

I decided to stop doing HCG.  I did it for about fifteen days and successfully saw some weight loss.  I lost around a pound a day when I successfully stuck to the diet protocol.  I put a lot of thought into whether or not I wanted to continue with the diet before deciding it just wasn't for me.

I loved HCG when I first started last year and I saw some amazing results.  The problem that I have though is that when I wasn't on HCG anymore, I still didn't know how to eat.  I was afraid to move past the diet protocol for fear that I would gain weight.  Then I would have these episodes where I would do nothing but binge eat.  I had a lot of guilt because I kept wanting to cheat and then I felt like I had to hide it.  I was so stressed out about everything that I put into my mouth that eventually I just got sick of the whole process and went back to old habits.

My problem before is that I would put restrictions on all the food I would eat and then I would end up feeling deprived and all I would think about is the things I can't have.  Eventually I would give in and then I'd feel guilty.  No more.  What I was doing, with the help of HCG, was not working and it sure wasn't setting me up for success.  Starting HCG again this time made me feel the same way.  I started obsessing about what I was eating and if I didn't follow the diet protocol exactly to the T then I would feel guilt for days on end.  That is NOT how I want to live my life.  I want to have a healthy relationship with food.  And I don't want to have to limit myself on what I'm eating.  I should never feel guilty about what I eat or how I'm choosing to live my life.

That does NOT mean, however, that I plan on eating total crap.  My main goal is to be healthy and I still want to have 30 days of clean, unprocessed food.  My plan is stick between 1200-1500 calories.  Some days will be significantly less and some days will be more but my average for the week should be in between those numbers.  I am going to eat complex carbohydrates like grains, beans, and oats while staying away from simple carbs like breads and pasta. I still want most of my diet to consist of lots of natural veggies and fruits and hormone free meat.  This is going to be regular meal plan.  However, I am done feeling guilty about splurging.  If I want to have popcorn at the movies once in a while, then I'm going to do it and I'm going to keep track of the calories.  If my friends want to go out for a frozen yogurt because it's summer time, then I'm going to do it.  These are things that I won't eat on a day to day basis.  But they can and will be a once in a while situation.

Eventually my plan is have a weekly meal plan and to take pictures of all the things I eat.  I'll be logging it onto myfitnesspal daily as well.  I'm super excited about this next step-I just have to put it into action.  I start my new job on Monday and with the extra money there is NOTHING stopping me from eating healthy!  Right now I've been collecting cookbooks and putting together as many recipes as I can and the more I research, the more excited I get!  I'm also going to try and stick to serving sizes and only eat one serving in a sitting.  I think that's going to be my biggest problem.  I'm so used to eating such large portions.  Anyway, stick around and I'll be sure to post how it's all going.

Did you find that you had to try several different things before you finally found what worked for you?  What was the one thing that worked for you?


No comments:

Post a Comment