Thursday, June 26, 2014

Second Time Around

I know my post earlier today was a tad gloomy and I'm just not the kind of person that stews in that kind of stuff.  While I'm still upset at the situation I cannot continue to let that affect my life or my health.  I choose instead to make healthier decisions and continue on the path I've chosen for myself.

Therefore, I decided to go on a walk today around my neighborhood with my best friend and our dogs.  We successfully walked 2 miles both up and downhill.  Some pretty steep hills in fact and I can already feel it in my legs and buns.  It's been a long time since I've felt that burn and I must say that it felt fantastic.  I even played some Frisbee in the park for a while during our walk, which was both exhausting and exhilarating.  I feel much better and way more clear headed than I felt this morning. 

I also want to mention that I love my mother and I know she's only trying to do the best she can.  I imagine in her situation I would probably want answers as well.  She is a strong woman and I know that her road hasn't been easy.  She's made the best decisions she can with the hand she was dealt and I respect her for that.  I know that she suffered 10x more than I ever did and I'll love her to the ends of the earth and back.  I'll thank her till the day I die for getting both my sister and I out of that situation and away from that man.

Hope you all have a wonderful evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment