Monday, June 23, 2014

Mondays . . .

Today is Monday and for most that means going back to work, whether you like it or not.  For me,
temporarily, that means irrigating and house cleaning, YAY!

Okay, okay so I don't really enjoy irrigating.  It's usually an all day event, which Timothy usually does most of.  I however have the pleasure of helping him move and set up giant pipes that run all the way from the pump house to our lawn-which is quite some distance.  Then we have to run hose to the backyard to irrigate the back as well.  It's quite a process and it involves constantly moving the hoses and pipes to make sure the entire yard gets irrigated.

The entire setup is interesting really.  The entire subdivision we live in, which is very old, irrigates.  Most of the houses in the neighborhood have their own pump house but we have to share with our neighbor.  That means we have to run our pipes from the pump house, that sits on his lawn, to our house.  Each house on the block is assigned a specific day and time that they can irrigate.  We share our day and time with our neighbor.  Usually we get the water around noon on Mondays and our neighbor comes and grabs it whenever he gets home from work.  Then when he's done we get it back until about nine at night.  It's pretty crazy but it's more like a juggling act.

Moving all those pipes and all the running around we do is a pretty good workout though.  It's a lot of bending down and lifting.  Plus in this heat it can be pretty sweaty work.  I've also kind of dedicated Monday's as my big cleaning days.  Don't get me wrong, there's little things we do during the week like pick up the bathroom, dishes, sweeping, light dusting, vacuuming, and etc.  But Mondays is when we do the big stuff.  Scrubbing the tubs, washing windows/blinds, moving furniture, cleaning baseboards, washing walls, and all that other fun stuff.  I can't say that I love to clean but I hate having a dirty house even more.  Lately it seems like the cleaning has really gotten away from me with all the stuff I've been going through.  It's literally taken me a couple weeks to get all the dust and gunk out of this house and to finally start feeling like it's actually clean again.

I'm kind of bummed I didn't get a chance to take the pups on a walk tonight like we usually do.  However I'd say I got my workout in and they kept us company running and playing in all the water while we moved pipes.  All in all, I'd we're all ready for bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment