Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Busy, Busy, Busy!

I absolutely love summer!  I will admit the heat gets to me but being able to go outside and enjoy the sunshine beats the heat every time.  In the winter I swear I go into hibernation mode because I hate leaving the house unless it's absolutely necessary.  But in the summer is when you can do all the fun things you miss out on in the winter-like staying out until 10:00 without it getting dark, swimming, fishing, and my favorite-walking/jogging outside!  I haven't done any jogging this year but I have taken advantage of the walking.  I usually go walking around my neighborhood or the greenbelts they have here.  If I'm having a rough day though and want to avoid people or if I'm just looking for a quite spot to go then I usually go to the cemetery.  I know that might sound a bit morbid but it's really quite beautiful and very peaceful.  Plus it has a killer view and some really great walking paths.  The mosquitoes are terrible however.  I usually like to go in the evenings when the sun is setting but before it gets dark!

It overlooks the valley on one side

There are gorgeous trees everywhere!

Yesterday I took a much needed mini vacation and headed up to Lucky Peak Reservoir for some beer, boating, and swimming with some friends, only one of which let me take pictures.  I've been so stressed lately that it was nice to just get away and relax for a while.  We spent most of the day on the water and I even got to drive the boat-which was a little scary.  I was having such a good time that I forgot to take pictures but I did get a few though:

Haha, my favorite picture of the day!

I'm on a boat!

Making waves!

The bridge we drove accross

Usie!  (Instead of selfie)

It was so beautiful there!

The water was pretty cold at first but felt so good

We got to swim with ducklings!

I think I got some sun!


Today was kind of a cloudy day compared to yesterday so I spent most of the day indoors cleaning the house.  I finished what I didn't do monday and then did some spring cleaning I didn't get to in the spring due to my illnesses.  It feels good to throw stuff away and organize what's left over.  Believe it or not, it's really satisfying!  Mostly I'm just happy to have some energy to do stuff.

I didn't get my walk in again tonight but I'm so pooped after all the cleaning I did today that I think it's worth giving it a pass.  I'll make sure to get my walk in tomorrow though.

No comments:

Post a Comment