Friday, November 1, 2013

November!


I can hardly believe that today is November 1st!  I've been looking forward to Halloween for so long and it was gone way to fast.  Now here we are in a brand new month and I am pretty excited!  This month is going to be a busy month but there are so many new possibilities.

November is my Ironman month.  This is the month that I'll be doing two Ironman triathlons that are being sponsered by my gym.  If you aren't familiar with an Ironman it consists of a 2.4 mile swim, a 112 mile bike ride, and a 26.2 mile run.  The first Ironman is a week challenge for Pound Plunge and the second is a 30 day challenge.  The weekly one is a group activity so all of the members of my Pound Plunge team work together to complete the challenge.  There are four of us and we're all pretty dedicated so I think we can get it done.  The second Ironman is a 30 day challenge and it's all individual.  I'll be completing that Ironman all by myself.

This month is going to be my month.  I'm going to be super focused on my body and eating healthy during November.  I started this morning by getting up and weighing myself, which I haven't done in a few weeks.  I mentioned in my post yesterday that I've been struggling with some of my eating habits and it reflected on the scale today.  I'm up three pounds from where I ended last month, weighing in at 271.6.  It's not a huge increase but any increase at this point is detrimental to the lifestyle I want to be living.  This is proof that eating is 90% of your weight loss.  I went to the gym consistently in October and because my eating wasn't as good as it could have been, I still gained weight. 

I really got lazy and complacent.  I stopped journaling what I was eating and I quit counting calories.  I stopped reading labels on the food we were buying and increased the amount of eating out I was doing.  These are behaviors that I'm going to work on changing this month.  I'm going to start journaling again and keeping track of the calories I'm consuming (you can help keep me accountable by following me on myfitness pal.  I'm under jmason39).  I'm going to stop eating out and start following the meal plans that I get from my trainers.  And most importantly, I'm going to start reading the labels on my food again. 

November is my month.  It's the month I'm going to take back control of my eating habits and my body.  It's the month of Success!

No comments:

Post a Comment