Thursday, October 10, 2013

Pound Plunge!

I'm so excited right now I could scream!  Today my mother and I signed up for pound plunge. 

What is pound plunge?  I'm glad you asked!

It's an eight week program that our local YMCA puts on to get people involved in getting fit.  Youdo it in groups and you have the option of either doing it with your own group of people or they randomly select a group for you.  During the eight weeks you get to work out with a trainer once a week and then each saturday morning you do random competions against other groups for points.  Some involve a workout scavenger hunt, a nutrition class, a cycling class, zumba, swimming, and so many other activities like that.

Today while we were at the gym the director came over and asked us if we'd be interested in signing up.  They only two open spots and she thought it would be perfect for us.  We agreed and are now
teamed up with another mother-daughter duo.  Luckily they were there and we got to meet them.  They seem like they are going to be awesome teammates.  They've already picked out a group name (the program actually started last week so we're a little late) and we're going to be calling ourselves Wonder Women!  Haha, I love it. 

I think this is going to give my mom and I the motivation we need to get back to the gym.  I'm really looking forward to it.  Plus we get to meet a lot of other incredible people working on the same things we are.  It's going to be a blast!

No comments:

Post a Comment