Sunday, October 6, 2013

Never A Dull Moment . . .

Since coming down with this sickness there hasn't been any excess energy to workout.  Most of my days have been spent in bed recuperating.  I'm finally starting to feel on the mend so I decided that I needed some fresh air.  There was no way I was going to be able to do a full workout but I figured a nice walk would help clear up my nasal passages and it would get me outside soaking up some good ol' Vitamin D. 

It actually worked.  This weekend we had absolutely gorgeous weather and it was so refreshing being outside.  It took a lot more out of me than I thought so when I got home from my walk I ended up taking a three hour nap.  Whoops. 

Such a pretty day

There were a TON of crawdads

Proof that the leaves are changing!

We weren't the only ones enjoying the day


This really made me think of Fall
So originally I had planned on walking three miles but it got cut short around mile two.  I was walking with a friend of mine and we heard meowing.  It sounded like a distressed cat so we started looking in the brush.  Turns out it was four kittens stuck in a tree.  They were pretty tiny babies-I'm guessing around five to eight weeks.  Old enough to eat solid food.  I'm not sure if momma had left them to go hunting herself or if they were on their own because there was no sign of their momma.

As soon as I started calling "Here kitty kitty" all four of the little buggers came running.  I'm assuming they've had human contact at some point-I've never known wild kittens to approach humans but I suppose I could be wrong.  Where we found them wasn't anywhere near a house so it's possible they were dumped there.  Anyway, I scooped them all up and put them in my sweatshirt and zipped it up.  I handed my keys to my friend and he took off running to go get the car for me.  I kept walking waddling towards where we'd parked the car but I was definitely going much slower.  I must have looked freaking nuts funny because here I am with, what looked like, a pregnant belly and I'm trying to hold the bottom of my sweatshirt shut so they can't get out.  It was entertaining I'm sure. 



We got the little dolls to my house where I fed them and made sure they got some fluids.  I wish I could have kept them until I could have found them good homes but our house is full as it is.  Plus I wasn't sure if they were healthy or not and I couldn't risk getting Charlie sick.  I had to take them to a local animal rescue center where I was assured that they would be treated well and would be found good homes, which I have no doubt it will happen.

What are the odds after bringing home Charlie that I would find four MORE kittens?  

No comments:

Post a Comment