Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Adjusting

Well I'm pleased to say that it seems as if things are starting to work out with our new addition, Charlie.  Slowly but surely our dogs are getting used to her being around and they don't obsess about her as much.  Thank the heavens!  They're even starting to play together.

The only issue we seem to be having at this point is that they can be a little rough.  She'll eventually get them back for it I'm sure.

The weather's been getting colder and we've had a lot more rain here than usual-or so it seems.  For some in my household this is their favorite time of year.  The house has been completely decorated & looks like it's been taken over by stuffed animals wonderful.



 I love the fact that I can bring out all the yummy fall scents in our Scentsy burners.   What I don't love:  Getting sick.  It inevitably happens every year.  I get a nasty cold and I'm usually laid up in bed for a few days just trying to breathe.  Ugh.  I am enjoying the colder weather though.  I forgot just how much I've missed sweatshirts and blankets. 


6 comments:

  1. Cute little kitty! I bet after a few days Kitty will fit in so well your Dad won't mind anymore. I brought home this last dog without consulting Paul, knowing full well that if I had asked him first, he would have said NO WAY. But he was in Germany, and missed me, so I got away with it:) Now he loves Duke, which is good for me, because I would not want to get rid of him. I think kitty will adjust pretty quickly, and will become fast friends with the dogs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She seems to be adjusting surprisingly well. We've had no issues on her part-it was just the dogs and their obsession with her. They've calmed down quite a bit recently though so things are looking much better in that regard. I'm glad that your husband is loving your new addition. I kindof did the same thing, I just brought the kitten home without asking-I knew they would say absolutely not too. Luckily it seems to be working out for both of us!

      Delete
  2. I like the fall but not the winter!! I do get excited about decorating for the Christmas season though!

    We had to incorporate a new puppy into our family and our cat reluctantly accepted her!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's interesting to watch how our animals react when a new addition is added. I personally am not super excited about winter. I love the snow but I hate the cold, wet, and I detest driving in it. That being said, Christmas is my absolute favorite time of year.

      Delete
  3. What a little cutie Charlie is!

    ReplyDelete