Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Meet Charlie

I'm officially in the dog house . . .

For bringing home a kitten.  Meet Charlie:


 
Charlie is a little female about 6-8 weeks old and she followed Kaila home yesterday morning while they were out running.  They didn't find any sign of her mother or owners.  I think she'd been left alone for a while because she is extremely skinny and she about devoured my hand when I gave her food-I don't think she'd eaten in a while.   She's super friendly though so it seems as if she'd been around people before.  She also got a clean bill of health from the vet with some instructions to get her shots soon and to fatten her up some. 

We have a couple of wiener dogs that don't know what to think about her.  They alternate between licking her like they're trying to taste her and thinking she's a squeaky toy they can chase.  Dudley, our male, keeps poking her with his nose to see if she'll run.  He keeps stressing over her so I"m hoping after a few days that he calms down otherwise we may have to find her a new home.  I hope it doesn't come to that.

Our first night last night went pretty well.  She slept most of the night but at about five she was up using the litter box, all by herself, and then it was meow time.  She would not stop crying!  My dad is NOT happy I brought her home so I was desperately trying to get her to quit crying.  Luckily she wasn't too loud so I'm hoping he didn't hear her.  She wouldn't go back to sleep though until I pulled out my soft blanket-then it was lights out.

Today she's taking some time getting used to everything and she's running around the house checking it all out.  She's been more vocal than I would like today and I'm not sure if it's because she just isn't used to the place or what.  I have no idea how to get her to quit either.  Any ideas and tips would be appreciated!  I've grown attached to the little squirt in the last couple of days and I'm hoping that it works out so she can stay.  I would hate to have to give her up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment