Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Boot Camp

To keep up with this new, harder phase of my life I recently participated in a boot camp.  Now mind you, this was the day after I did 100 dead-lifts.  Apparently my trainers think I can handle this kind of stuff.  I may have surprised myself a bit when I actually did.

Anyway, we got a bunch of people that we know to come over to our house for this boot camp.  There were eight participants total, two trainers, and a bunch of equipment set up in different stations.  It was a blast.  I got to see how I compare physically to people that I would say were healthier than I am-not that I should be comparing but who doesn't do that?  I actually did pretty well and it was a very tiring hour.  I conned Rebecca, one of my trainers, into taking some pictures of this fun event.  So without further ado:

Teaching me total balance.  I fell after she got this picture, haha.

These squats are killer!


Quick water break!


Push ups!



A little weight throwing!


Everyone loved this station.  It's a killer way to do our legs but it was nice to "rest"

Pull up crunches.  Freaking hard!



She forgot to jump



Pooped by the end


She just jumped on that thing and planted herself!

Some people did it just fine.  I didn't . . .


Our exhausted group




We actually had a really good time and now we're thinking about doing this every other weekend.  Anyone is welcome if you feel like joining in!

6 comments:

  1. I tried to organize a "boot camp" in my backyard, but none of the participants thought that mowing grass, raking leaves and painting my fence were "exercise". Damn their lazy asses!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We tried that as well but we ended up with a revolt on our hands so we had to pull out the regular exercise equipment.

      Delete
  2. How cool to have that in your yard! Looks like fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was actually a beautiful day to have it and our yard is huge. I think had we had a regular lawn we may not have done it but our lawn was mostly weeds anyway so it worked out really well. It was a blast!

      Delete
  3. What an awesome thing! I looks like a fun but super challenging workout.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so fun! They had something for every different type of fitness level there so anyone who wanted to come was welcome. Everyone had such a good time that now we're going to do it every other Saturday.

      Delete