Monday, August 5, 2013

Getting Reacquainted With Work

Things have been a little hectic around here lately.  As I've posted recently I just started a brand new job.  After five months of not working going back to work has been a bit interesting and very busy.  It's taking me a bit longer than I thought it would to get back into the groove of things.  I think that's largely because I've never had a job quite like this one before.  This job is pretty laid back, not that I lack things to do, just that my bosses aren't anal retentive micro-managing a-holes.  How refreshing to be able to get up away from my desk and go to the bathroom without having to report it or to be able to get up and get a glass of water without having to feel like I'm doing something wrong.  (If you can't tell, I'm so happy to be done with call centers, haha!)

Last week I spent a lot of time getting acquainted with my bosses and their routines.  They're pretty busy folks and I'm enjoying getting to know each of them better.  Not to mention I've spent some one on one time with some of our clients.  Getting to know them and their stories is going to be a huge perk to this job.  I'm so excited about getting to have real conversations with people instead of just taking orders and repeating the same conversation everyday on the phone.  It's been an exciting experience so far.

A little funny for your viewing pleasure!
I think these last couple of weeks are starting to catch up to me and yesterday I woke up not feeling so great.  Today it was confirmed that I've got some sort of cold bug. Since I get to work from home it's not as a big a deal as it would be if I had to go into work.  I still have my office space and things I have to get done but I can do it in my pj's with Vick's vapor rub all over my chest.  It does take some self-discipline to stay at home and get my work done but because I really enjoy what I do, it's not difficult for me to get it done.  There are days where I get to go to my boss's house but I still get to go in sweats and it's a really relaxed environment, because it's at his house.  Plus they're so freaking smart that anytime I get to go there I learn a ton.  I'm pretty excited about this job and the things that are happening in my life.  I'm definitely feeling pretty blessed right now.

4 comments:

  1. I can imagine that working from home would take a lot of discipline! I'm so glad that you are enjoying the new job and hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Diane! I love my job. Working from home does take a lot of discipline but I'm thankful that I don't have many distractions. Otherwise it would be chaotic!

      Delete
  2. You have my dream job! :)

    Hope your cold is better soon!

    ReplyDelete