Friday, August 23, 2013

Day Five!

This has been me, all day.

I have been sugar free for five days!  Today, I wanted to shoot myself stuff my face with ice cream.  However, I prevailed and ate some fruit instead.  I'm not going to lie, it wasn't nearly as satisfying.  I would rather have had ice cream - until I remembered that I usually get super tired after binging out on sugar.  Plus it usually gives me sugar sweats which are terrible.  I guess it really goes to show that it's just not worth it.  

In all seriousness, I haven't really had too many cravings this week.  There's been a couple times where I've almost talked myself into going someplace I know would have things to tempt me but I didn't.  Today was by far the hardest day for me.  I think it has more to do with the fact that the weekend is here and I'm more relaxed and have less reasons/excuses to stay home and avoid temptation.  Instead I have to be out there in the grocery store, in the movies, or (I swear) just walking down the street where all the candy and yummy, tempting things are.  Because of all of this, I'm more inclined to give in to my urges over the weekend-not that I plan on doing so this weekend.  In fact, I've mapped out a plan of places I'm going and people I'm going to be around.  They know about my sugar avoidance and they have explicit instructions to watch me like a hawk.  They're doing it too.

Something that has come up since I started this whole cleanse is that I find myself automatically reaching for things to fill the void of sugar.  For instance, I've noticed that late at night I'm wanting things like bread or nuts or some type of snacky food to eat.  I've been careful in what I'm consuming but it has been difficult not to give in.  I swear this is worse than when I quit smoking.  

Anyway, I'll keep trucking along.  Only 25 more days to go and then . . . I'm not exactly sure.  Right now my goal is just to make it that far.  

Do you have as big a problem with sugar as I do?  If not, how do you moderate your sugar consumption?

2 comments:

  1. It's been a lot of years of teaching myself moderation. I have greatly reduced the amount of sugar we eat but could probably do better!

    Congrats on 5 days!

    ReplyDelete