Saturday, August 17, 2013

Check In!

I have been unusually active this summer.  And by that I mean that I've been spending a lot of time outside-I even have a tan!  I've spent some time catching up with old friends this summer and hanging out with new ones.  I have been working out almost every day and I often try to go running as much as possible.  I've gone camping, been berry picking, and have done a lot of barbequing and swimming in the lake.  I honestly can't tell you how long it had been since I've swam in a lake.  I'm pretty sure I was still in my teens. 

I have lost a total of 52 pounds so far!  I finally hit that mark last week and I was so excited.  My official weight is now 274.2 lbs.  I only have 24 more pounds to go before I get to buy my bicycle.  My goal is to hit 250 by the end of September.  Unfortunately it's at the end of summer, which stinks, but that still gives me a couple months of bike riding outside before it gets too cold. 

I made a big decision yesterday.  I decided to donate my hair to Locks of Love.  If you don't know they require at least 10 inches of hair in order to donate.  I definitely had plenty of hair to do so.  I've really been thinking of cutting it for a couple weeks now but I hadn't given much thought to cutting that much of it.  Then a couple days ago I remembered my cousins had donated their hair.  I thought, if I'm going to cut it I'd rather it go to good use than just be trashed.  Plus someone else could really use it.  So before I could change my mind I went ahead and did it.  I look so different but I think the new look goes with my new lifestyle.  What do you think?


(Excuse the pictures, they were taken from my camera phone so the resolution isn't the best.  At least you can get a gist of what it looks like.  Also, that pony tail is a lot longer than it seems-I'm covering a lot of the top with my hands.  Talk about a drastic change!)


No comments:

Post a Comment