Saturday, August 10, 2013

Berry Pickin'

Yesterday I tried something new, I went berry picking at The Berry Ranch with my trainers and some friends.  I had so much fun and I may have made myself slightly sick from eating too many blackberries, haha.  Having never been before I wasn't really sure what to expect.  I didn't know that you could eat berries as you were picking.  Actually, I'm not sure we were allowed but we did it anyway.  I quickly found out how to distinguish the super sweet ripe berries from the ones that may still be slightly tart.  They were all yummy though.  It was really a beautiful day and hot as hades.  I think I sweated through all of my clothes - which is good right?  I did fall on my face and twist my ankle though.  Those rows can be kind of narrow and there are vines and branches everywhere.  If you're not careful, like I wasn't, and paying attention than you may fall.  I'm just glad no one was around to see me-I hope. 

Rebecca & baby Abiyel
Breeze & Lakota

Kaila-she found the best blackberries

Look at Ms. Frances walking!

It was hot out!  Why did I wear black??

Our Berries!

We ended up taking home 12.99 lbs of blackberries

Blackberry hands!
This is what he does for work, haha.

Our group!
It was hot and sweaty work but it was so much fun!  They have other things you can pick too, not just blackberries so we might have to try some of their other berries and see what they taste like.  I might have to go again and take the rest of my family. 

4 comments:

  1. We always pick blueberries and sometimes peaches. It is so much fun.

    It looks like you all had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never gone berry picking before. It's definitely something I've missed out on. It was a fantastic experience!

      Delete
  2. I would love to go berry picking one of these days! I think there are some places around me, but I never seem to hear about the right time to go.

    That chia pudding on my blog was originally meant to go with berries!! You might give it a try. Its very refreshing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm definitely going to have to try it! It looks so yummy.

      Delete