Monday, July 15, 2013

I Got A New Job!

I'm so excited to announce that I've got a new job!  I start tomorrow and I couldn't be happier.  Most of you probably don't know that I've been unemployed for the last five months.  I lost my job with DHL on the 1st of February when they closed the business here in Idaho and moved it to Arizona.  Since then I've been enjoying my time off of work, and school (College), and I've been able to do some traveling and visit with family and friends.  The other benefit of having so much free time is being able to workout whenever the whim strikes.  So while I loved having time off to enjoy the summer it was time to start looking for a job. 

A friend of mine, bless her heart, knew of a position that would be perfect for me.  She gave me an outstanding referral and I pretty much got the job right away.  I heard about last Thursday, had an interview on Friday and was told then that the job was mine.  Tomorrow is my first day!  It's a fantastic position working for the college I attend in their student services department.  I get fantastic benefits, great pay, and reduced tuition!  I cannot express to you how much I needed this job at this time in my life.  It's been a constant source of anxiety worrying about all the student loans and trying to pay tuition on my own on my limited budget.  This job is a serious blessing!

As you can imagine, getting this job does have an impact on my schedule.  I can no longer just go to the gym whenever.  Now I have to plan my times and make sure I get up to do it.  I have a feeling I might struggle with this a bit at first, I'm usually not a super early riser instead preferring to go to bed late.  This is definitely going to be changing.  Our trainers have been wonderfully accommodating of my new schedule and they're willing to work around it for me - which means early rising for them too.  I'm also going to have to be more diligent about preparing my food before hand.  Making my meals in advance is going to save me a LOT of time in the mornings and evenings for my workouts. 

To be honest, I'm a little nervous that I'm going to fall back into the work routine and slowly quit going to the gym or not wake up in time to workout.  I'm bound and determined not to let that happen but the thought that I might scares me a bit.  I'm sure figuring out this new schedule, especially when school starts again, is going to take me a minute and a lot of adjusting but I'm going to do it anyway.  Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment