Thursday, July 11, 2013

House Cleaning Is Excercise Right?

Today was a hectic day and even though I had every intention of going for a run this morning, I just wasn't up for it.  I think I've got some kind of stomach bug and it laid me up in bed all morning long.  When I finally did start to feel a little better I still didn't get to work out because we have company coming in town today.  I wanted to make sure the house was all clean, not that it's usually dirty or anything, but you know how it is.  You gotta make sure all the windows are scrubbed and there's nothing out of place.  I actually spent a couple hours scrubbing stuff down so I'm hoping that counts as my "workout" for the day.  I sure was a sweaty mess by the time I was done anyway. 

When Breeze was here on Wednesday he told us to get ready to run our first mile on Sunday.  I'm trying to prepare for that by running everyday.  I missed my run for today but I'm bound and determined to get it in tomorrow.  Speaking of running, I went to visit my ma at work today and on the front door of the building was a flyer for a 5k in September.  I think I'm going to give it a try.  I don't know if I'll be able to run ALL of it, but part of it would be nice.  How cool would it be to say that I actually did a 5k?  I've always wanted to so this would be a BIG accomplishment for me.  I'm going to try to keep running every day so I can build up my endurance. 

On the diet front, I've been sticking pretty vigorously to the menu.  Tonight I was STUFFED by the time I got done eating dinner.  It's actually pretty awesome because I'm trying different veggies, rice, and beans that I've never tried before.  I used to think I could cook but some of these vegetable have me stumped!  I had to YouTube a video on how to make bok choy tonight, haha.  It turned out pretty scrumptious though. 

Working out is a newer thing for me and I'm curious for those of you that have a busy life, how do you fit in your workouts?

No comments:

Post a Comment