Sunday, July 7, 2013

3 Month Update

This last week/weekend has been pretty crazy around this house and we haven't had much time to sit down.  I suppose that's a good thing, after all I've spent the majority of my life doing just that:  sitting.  However, among the craziness I realized that we hit our three month mile marker!  Three months is a LONG time in our house.  Never before have I ever lasted this long.  I would normally have dropped the exercise and re-visited the drive-thru line at Taco Bell by now.  While I have eaten out in the past three months I am extremely excited to say that I have not ONCE gone to Taco Bell.  Actually come to think of it, I have not ONCE in three months gone through a drive-thru anything.  Even when I was in Wisconsin (it was more like a drive-in but that counts!)  Anyways, we took our monthly photos so we can measure up our progress and while Shane is a little shy, my ma gave me the go ahead to post her pictures too!  So I've posted from right to left, starting with month one my weigh in was 326 lbs and as of month 3 I'm down 44 lbs weighing in at 282!!!  My sweet momma, also from right to left, started at 275 and she's down to 247lbs!  Woot woot!



It's pretty exciting stuff to literally see the change in my body.  I wish the pictures could do justice to the muscles that you can't see.  I have better definition in my arms, back, butt, and legs now thanks to our workouts with Breeze and his gang.  He's still making us run, the wiener, and we've been going strong for a whole week now.  Today he actually made us run around the whole block, WITHOUT STOPPING!  Or almost without stopping.  Okay I stopped a few times for a breather but he wouldn't let me do it for long before he was yelling at me again to move my hiney.  Come to find out that run was actually .6 of a mile.  It may not seem like a lot, it felt like a lot, but we're making progress.  It was more than I could do a month ago and it feels awesome to be able to do it now. 

In the meantime, he's still got us on a pretty set meal plan.  By that I mean he told us what to eat for a whole week and when to eat it.  I freaking hate it and wish I could set it on fire love it.  To be honest, it's been a bit hard for me to eat some of the things on his list.  He has me eating jalapenos for the love of peter.  So some things I have to choke down, but I'm doing it and I can see the results so in the end it's worth it.  Plus it's a very clean/healthy diet and I'm seeing more positive things like my skin clearing up.  (A word of advice, don't eat clean for a while and then decide to try some Ranch on your salad.  Believe me, you will live to regret that decision.) 

Today, our day of rest (Ha!), we got to enjoy some time at the lake as a family.  We had our regular workout this morning with the trainer, set up our beans for our afternoon meal, and then headed to the lake for some swimming.  After this morning's workout plus the swim, I'm a tad beat but I had to post some of the pictures we got at the lake.  It was absolutely the perfect day to go and the water was awesome!

Don't our black beans look Yummy?

She was ready to get her swim on

Isn't She Cute?


We felt good after our workout

Add caption




There you have it, part of our weekend adventures!  What did you do this weekend?


5 comments:

  1. A tremendous congratulations to you and your mom!!!! You are doing an amazing job. I know it can seem overwhelming at times, but success breeds success. If you ever feel tempted to quit - just look back at how well you have done these past 3 months!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I really appreciate the words of encouragement. Sometimes it can be a bit daunting to think of just how far I still have to go. For the most part I try not to think of it that way. Did you go through something similar when you lost weight?

      Delete
  2. Great job! You can really see a huge difference. And I know it feels great! I was hoping you could share your recipe for your beans with me?? I would love to make a big pot of healthy beans to have for lunches and dinners!
    Thanks and congrats on the weight loss an sticking with it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tiffany! I would love to share the recipe for you, it's actually really, really tasty and its so simple to fix! We usually only eat about half a cup in a sitting, either for lunch or dinner, so this recipe lasts us (my mother and I) quite a while. Make sure to let me know what you think!

      Ingredients:
      1/4 lbs of black beans washed and rinsed
      1/4 cup chopped green onions
      1 cup finely chopped kale
      2 tsp salt, 1 tsp pepper
      1 Tbsp olive oil
      1 finely chopped tomato

      Directions:
      Mix all ingredients in your crock pot.
      Add water until mixture has 2in of water above.
      Cook on high for 4 hrs.

      Delete
    2. Thanks so much Jenea! I will give it a try for sure!

      Delete