Wednesday, June 12, 2013

I FINALLY Hit That Elusive 40 Pound Mark!

A lot of changes have come about since I started my maintenance phase of the HCG diet.  Most of you know that part of phase 2 of HCG is a very limited diet.  I can only eat certain types of fruit and veggies, small portions of meat, and absolutely no dairy, carbohydrates, or fat at all. 

When I started phase 3, or maintenance, I slowly started incorporating fats and dairy back into my diet.  My weight fluctuated a bit and I gained about 3 lbs back before my weight settled and I maintained that.  Then my infamous binge week in Wisconsin took place and I gained another six pounds.  Since coming back from Wisconsin and working out with Breeze I've lost all that extra weight I've gained plus another eight pounds!  I am now happily weighing in at 285.8 lbs (a total weight loss of 41 lbs from my starting weight) and I've successfully incorporated fats, dairy, carbohydrates, and more fruits and veggies back into my diet without gaining weight.

It took me a while to get back under 290 but I'm very happy that I finally did it and hit my 40 pound mark.  One of my biggest fears starting phase 3 was that I would stop losing weight or that I would gain all the weight I had lost back.  I'm happy to say that has not happened and I'm still losing weight.  I may not be losing a pound a day but I can definitely tell that my body is strengthening and getting toner.  I can certainly lift heavier weights and go for longer periods than I could when I started.  Speaking of which, I found this funny picture and as this described me so well when I started I thought I would share with you!

2 comments: