Monday, June 10, 2013

Good Things Happen At The Laundry Mat!

I'm curious if you've ever had one specific moment when you realize that the hard work you're putting into becoming a healthier person is paying off?  For me, that moment was tonight.  Don't get me wrong, I can see the inches come off and I can see that I'm losing weight but tonight was so different.  A random man walked right up to me at the laundry mat, told me he thought I was beautiful, and asked me for my phone number.  That has NEVER, EVER happened to me before.  Let me start at the beginning.

I have to take my giant comforters to the laundry mat and use their huge washers and dryers because they just don't fit in the ones we have at home.  I was waiting for them to dry and I was outside the laundry mat talking with my mom and a friend when this gentleman pulled up.  He smiled at me as he got out of his truck with his laundry and walked inside.  I didn't think anything of it.  A few minutes later I made my way back inside to check my comforters to see if they were dry yet.  I almost walked right into the man as he was putting his laundry in the washer and that started a conversation.  Just regular stuff about how his dryer broke and why I was at the laundry mat.  Then out of no where he takes a step closer to me and says "I'm sorry, I hope you're not mad but I just had to say that I think you're beautiful.  I noticed you when I pulled up and I had to say something."  What.  The.  Heck?  I was floored, never in my life has anyone ever come up to me to tell me that.  And he was super cute!

We talked for a little while and he asked me what kinds of things I was interested in and what I did for fun.  Actually he was really sweet.  (Insert big cheesy grin!)  He told me up front that he works a lot because he's trying to start his own business while working for another company and then he asked me for my phone number!  =D  SQUEEEE!!!  (Insert Happy Dance!)  I never give out my phone number to strange men, not that many have asked, but I didn't see the harm in giving it to this gentleman.  So I did and he assured me he would call.  We'll see.

This post isn't really about what happened at the laundry mat tonight, though I am pretty excited about it.  Whether anything comes of it or not it's more about the fact that I feel good about myself.  I don't know whether it's because I'm losing weight or just because I walk around a little taller with a smile on my face that prompted this man to ask for my phone number.  I don't care either way.  I just know that whatever I'm doing is working and that my dreams are within reach.  Tomorrow I will push just a little harder and a little longer during my workout.  Right now, I have to go make my bed.  =D

3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks! It felt really good, even if nothing comes of it. P.S. I'm happy to hear from you =D

      Delete
  2. Of course! I will try to comment as much as I can. :)

    ReplyDelete