Thursday, May 2, 2013

Who Says I Can't Eat Out?

I have to admit that when I started my diet I was a little skeptical.  I mean 500 calories is not a lot to go on.  I thought for sure I would give up the first week.  Surprising not only myself but my family, I've stuck it out for 29 days.  The first couple weeks I really struggled with temptation so I didn't leave my house much.  I only went where I needed to go and then I ran home as fast as I could so I wouldn't be tempted to stop somewhere and eat.  After a while that got really old.  I mean, I didn't start this diet so that I could be a prisoner in my own home.  I started this diet so that I could go out and enjoy my life.

A few days ago I went to my first BBQ since starting my diet.  Summer's coming and I know that there are going to be a lot of BBQs heading my way.  I was really nervous but everyone was way supportive.  Sure they ate things that I don't eat but it was a lot easier to do than I thought, probably because of the support I had.  I still got to BBQ, I had a really lean hamburger patty and I skipped the chips for some salad.  I really enjoyed myself and since then I've found myself going out a little bit more.

The yummy salad I made.
Last night I was faced with another another meal at a friends house.  Most people aren't going to be eating what I eat.  After all, my meal is only about 250 calories.  Mike didn't even want to eat in front of me because he didn't want to tempt me.  I know that going forward, I'm going to be faced with a lot of situations where I'm going to be eating differently than other people so I assured him that I would be fine.  We ran to the store and I got some makings for a salad while he got deep fried chicken strips and pastry cakes.  I'm happy to say that I ate my salad and I wasn't tempted in the least!

I'm excited that I can go out with friends and enjoy myself without thinking about food all the time.  I own this diet!

No comments:

Post a Comment