Friday, May 31, 2013

Nothing Like A Good Breeze

As most of you are probably aware, I decided to get a personal trainer while doing my maintenance phase.  I really didn't have a clue how to exercise.  That's pains me to admit it but the reality is that I've spent a life time doing the opposite.  When things get tough or to hard to do, I usually quit.  I knew going into this that I would need some help.  I'll be honest here, I did not want to be sweating in front of a guy-especially a hot one.  I was all set on a woman personal trainer.  I figured that I would be less self conscious and I could go about my workouts without giving a care what I was doing.  But then I met Breeze.  You can tell right away that the man is passionate about  being healthy.  He really wants me to succeed and he wants to be part of it.  He wasn't doing it because he has the knowledge and it pays well, he does it because he wants to help people.  Did I also mention that he comes to our house and brings his own equipment?  I am all over that like white on rice.  My ma and I didn't really discuss it much before we both decided we'd be nuts not ask for his help. 

The man, and his family, are incredible.  We paid for 8 sessions to start so we are going to see him twice a week for four weeks to get ourselves going.  That's what he's charged us.  However, he's come to our house on his own time to get our background so he could know what he was working with and he came back again to go through our cupboards and make sure we were eating nutritionally.  We were, for the most part.  That's incredible to me!  He never once charged us for those either. 

We actually started our workouts on Wednesday and he was back again today.  I've had personal trainers before and when they tell you that you have an hour, you get an hour and nothing more.  When my ma and I are working out with Breeze, I don't even know what time it is nor do I feel rushed.  He stays and answers our questions when we're done, unless he has another client of course,  gives us advice, and talks about what we're eating.  It just feels like it's more about us getting healthy than it is about the money and that is really refreshing. 

I think that we lucked out in getting Breeze.  I think getting a personal trainer was a smart decision but getting Breeze was pretty dang lucky.  I'm excited to see at the end of these four weeks if my body has changed, Breeze assures me it will. 

2 comments:

  1. Wow, he sounds amazing!

    But I have to ask...Is his name really Breeze?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, yes it is! He's Italian so it's actually Bretza but he goes by Breeze.

      Delete