Thursday, May 9, 2013

No More Drops!

I'm on phase 2 day 38 of the HCG diet and I am officially done taking the drops!  Our last drop taking was last night before dinner and I had actually run out.  I had to borrow some from my step-dad who, for some reason, had a little extra.  It's hard to believe that I've made it this far because believe me, I had my doubts.  They say that it takes three days for the drops to get out of our system so we're still on our 500 calorie diet so far and I'm a tad nervous that without the drops, and the appetite suppressant in them, that I'm going to be getting pretty hungry.  It was an especially weird feeling this morning to wake up and not take my drops.  Doing so every morning for the past 38 days has really become a habit. 

We only have two more days of phase 2  before I switch to maintenance.  However, I'm ready for the next phase even if it's a bit daunting.  I have faith that done the right way I will happily maintain my weight loss, which is 34.8 lbs currently.  That doesn't mean I'm still not freaking out a bit to go on maintenance.  I will be more than doubling my caloric intake and I get to add foods that I haven't been able to eat for the past 40 days.  I never thought that I would be afraid to eat 1500 calories but now that I've lost 34 lbs, I don't want to see a pound of it come back.  I've read the success stories though and I've gotten lots of tips from Lowery about how to go into maintenance successful that I believe I can do it.  It's just a little scary and it's coming up fast!  Sunday will be our first day.

How are all of your healthy habits working for you?

2 comments:

  1. You are going to get hungry sometimes, but you are strong enough to get through it. I know EXACTLY what you mean when you say that you now think 1,500 calories is too much! It is crazy how scary the idea of gaining weight back really is. This fear will help you though, you will keep yourself in check. Also, by adding foods back in and playing around, you can see what makes you gain and what doesn't. You might be surprised that some foods you think would make you gain end up being "ok"!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's certainly going to take some getting used to. It's a slow process, or so I've read, to start reintroducing foods back into my diet the healthy way. I think my weight might fluctuate a bit but as long as I don't gain back a ton I think I'll be alright with it. I say that now but who really knows, lol.

      Delete