Sunday, May 5, 2013

Must Have Apps

Between counting calories, keeping a food journal, exercising, and reading food labels changing your lifestyle can be a bit overwhelming.  To help streamline my healthy living I've found two apps on my phone that are life savers.  They were shared with me so I thought I would return the favor and share them all with you.

The first app I found is called Fooducate.  It's the best app to take with you to the grocery store.  If you're anything like me than when it comes to eating healthy you hate reading food labels.  They are always in tiny print and it takes me forever to read them.  Fooducate is great because it allows you to scan the bar code of a food item and then it will rate that food from A-F, depending on the settings you set about your food preferences, and it will tell you all the information on the label.  It has several great features including an alternative feature if you're looking for an alternative, healthier food.  It's definitely worth downloading. 

The second must have app is MyFitnessPal.  As part of my diet I have to count calories and I've found that keeping a food journal helps me out.  The only problem I have is that if I'm on the go, I don't want to be lugging around a bulky journal to write down what I'm eating.  Instead, I use the app called MyFitnessPal.  It's simple and easy to use.  I can log everything I eat for the day and it adds up my calories for me.  I can also log in my exercise and it will add up how many calories I burned.  The great thing about this app, other than that it is easy to use, is that you can add your friends and do it together.

I've found that these apps really help me make better food choices and keep things organized.  What are some of the tools you use in your life to make your healthy living easier?

No comments:

Post a Comment