Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Lemon & Spice Grilled Shrimp

I guess you get to hear from me twice in one day but the shrimp I just made for dinner was too good not to share.  We cooked it on the grill and then I paired it with some steamed broccoli, apple slices, and a piece of Wasa bread.  You can find the recipe here.  Just in case you don't feel like clicking on the link, I'll include the recipe for you below.


Ingredients:
·         1 lb large raw shrimp
·         1/4 cup lemon juice
·         1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
·         1 tbsp minced garlic
·         1 tbsp minced onion
·         1 tsp chili powder
·         1/2 tsp black pepper

Directions:
1.     Remove the shells and devein the shrimp if not already done. Rinse the shrimp and place them in sealable plastic bag and set aside.
2.    Mix the marinade ingredients together and pour this into the plastic bag with the cleaned shrimp.
3.    Remove as much of the air from the bag and seal it up. Put the shrimp and marinade into the refrigerator for 2 to 3 hours
4.    Get your grill going. You’ll want a medium hot grill for this
5.    You can either skewer the shrimp, or place them directly on the grill. Personally, I skewer them. It’s way too much work flipping the shrimp individually, an you’re bound to get a few burned that way.
6.    Shrimp cook quickly, so you’re going to want to take them off as soon as they lose their translucent appearance and turn pinkish. This should take about 5 or 6 minutes per side on a medium hot grill. I typically turn them often to keep from burning them.

My family loved this shrimp so much that they destroyed them all in under 5 minutes.  There wasn't a single piece of shrimp left.  It was definitely a hit in our household.  Hope you enjoy!
 

3 comments:

  1. I am a vegetarian so I can't really comment, but the broccoli, bread and apples look delicious! I am a big fan of broccoli (cooked).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Diane, it really was super good! We're going to be trying the marinade on some chicken tonight to see if it tastes as good.

    Trabajadora3 I too love broccoli! It's great with any meal!

    ReplyDelete