Monday, May 27, 2013

Big Star or Big Mistake?

I'm finally back from spending nine days in Kenosha, Wisconsin with the Mason side of my family.  I would love to tell you that I went there and rocked my diet and went to the gym every day, but I didn't.  In fact, I barely ate at home the whole time I was there.  I had every intention of eating healthy, I went and bought healthy food at the Pick N Save and had a whole week of meals planned.  However, I underestimated the magnitude of my family and how little time I was going to be in town.  In fact, I was never home to really even cook anything. 

The infamous  Big Star Drive In
I wish I could tell you that when I did eat out that I had made healthy decisions.  I didn't.  Instead I spent most of my time eating at places that I used to go to with my dad.  I ate at our favorite places:  Big Star, Dairy Queen, Ruffalos II, and the list just goes on.  UGH, I slipped up and reverted back to my old ways.

I ended up gaining weight while I was there and while I'm disappointing in myself, I can't let that keep me from going forward.  I'm happy I got to spend time with my family and it was fun visiting all the old places I used to go with my dad before he passed away I should have realized that those places aren't for me anymore.  I don't think that slipping up once or twice would have made that big of a difference but the reality is that I pretty much just went on a week long binge.  I literally would wake up with a food hangover and my body was sluggish and I felt like crap the entire week.  Thankfully towards the end of my week I started to realize the mistakes I was making and I tried to make more of an effort to eat healthier but I wasn't very successful.  Next time I go to Wisconsin, or on vacation period, I need to let my family know what I can eat.  I need to make better plans and make better decisions.  If I'm going to be gone all day, I need to pack food so that I can make sure I'm eating the right things.  Take it from me, it's not worth it.

For now I'm going to catch up on the sleep I've been missing but I promise to post pictures of my trip and all the details tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. You had a great time with your family...and that's priceless! As long as you get back on the wagon NOW, it will be fine! We all have bumps in the road (and sometimes they are very enjoyable and worthwhile "bumps"!). :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am happily back on the bandwagon but I can honestly say I wish I hadn't jumped so far off. I did actually try to eat healthier in most cases but I didn't try very hard, if that makes sense. I've thankfully lost the weight that I gained while I was gone and now I'm happy to maintain.

      Delete