Monday, April 29, 2013

1st Goal: Crushed it

Today I am excited.  Today is a pretty remarkable day.  Today is the day that I've finally gotten under 300 pounds!  I weighed in this morning at 298.4 lbs.  That's 28.4 pounds down from where I started and I did it in only 26 days!  Those last few pounds felt like they would never come.  I was only losing ounces for the past couple days and then I get on the scale yesterday and today for a combined weight loss of 3 pounds, finally pushing me over the edge of 300.  I have to say I'm excited to see it go and I will do my damnedest to make sure that I never see it on the scale again.


If you read my last post you know that getting under 300 lbs was my first goal.  I can't tell you how good it feels to know that I've reached it and that when I go to pamper myself at the spa I've earned it.  I got my phone book out and immediately started calling around to places to check on prices and such.  The funny thing is, the spa I chose had more to do with the lady on the phone than anything else.  



She did all the normal things you'd expect a receptionist to do, she talked about amenities and gave me prices, but then she asked me if there was a special reason I was treating myself.  So I started to tell her what it was and she got so excited she kept interrupting me.  She was genuinely happy for me and she didn't even know who I was.  So that sold me right there and I ended up scheduling a meeting to go look at the spa and to purchase my package.  When I got there we ended up talking some more about weight loss and she told me that she used to be a prior fat girl herself.  She said her highest was in the 240's.  That's pretty large as she is a short, delicate little thing.  She said she lost over a 100 pounds!  It was a pretty emotional experience and we both started to cry and before I left it felt like we had been friends forever. 

I'm excited about reaching my first goal and going to the spa, but I think the feeling that I got talking to the receptionist was the best experience ever.  It felt so good to be able to share that experience with her and to actually meet and talk to someone face to face that went through the exact same thing that I'm going through.  I know in the end when I finally get to my ideal weight that the journey will be worth it.  I'll get to enjoy more spa days along the way because now I can.  I don't have to be worried or self conscious about my weight any longer.  How I look right now, while better than I did, is just a phase.  This is no longer who I am. 

2 comments:

  1. Wow. That is so amazing that you happened to call someone who achieved it! I know you can do it...because I did. Keep going!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the support, trabajadora3! I will definitely have to read your story.

      Delete